Tuesday, February 2, 2016

8 BEAUTY HACKS THAT WILL ROCK YOUR WORLD, GIRL

8 BEAUTY HACKS THAT WILL
ROCK YOUR WORLD, GIRL


Okay so before we get started I just want to say that I live and die by these hacks. Like no seriously, I swear they work! I know for a fact I've been using them for at least four years and they've never let me down. I have tons and tons more, but for the sake of your eyes and my fingers I've narrowed them down to 8. Hopefully you'll get as much use and enjoyment out of them as I do! 

So let's get started (: 

1. No Shaving Cream? No problem. 
When my roommate first came to me with this hack I was like "there's absolutely no way that works". I've never been so wrong in my life! Before I came across Pure Silk shaving cream I honestly just used conditioner. It leaves your legs feeling so smooth and soft, OMG! I say everyone should try it at least once and see how they like it. My favorite conditioners are Herbal Essences: Hello Hydration and Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter line. 
(Click the names and it'll take you straight to the website to purchase them!) 

2. Brighten Up Those Eyes! 
Now this one is my go-to hack! I seriously never put on eye shadow without using my NYX Jumbo Milk Pencil. This thing seriously works wonders. It's especially great for those cheap drugstore eye shadows that aren't as pigmented as the more higher end brands. Also, guess what? The name is clickable so hit that link and head on over to ULTA to purchase your NYX pencil now! 
Photo credit: Roya Fadai



3. Get Rid of Those Bags...With Bags. 
This is another one of my favorite hacks. You guys know how much I love and swear by Green Tea. Well guess what! We're back for more. Green Tea serves a bunch of great purposes and this time we're using it to get rid of those under eye bags. If you're like me your eye bags are designer but you don't like being so flashy all of the time. So here's what you do: Take two tea bags and steep them in boiling water. (You know how you normally make tea.) Then, take them out and place them in a container of your choice. I chose a plate. Let them cool in the fridge for a few moments, maybe like 10 minutes. Once they've cooled wring out all the access water. Don't completely dry them though, leave them a little damp. Then, place over your eyes for 10-15 minutes. Voila! Au Revoir eye bags! 


4. Hard Knock... Feet? 
Ladies, this is a NO JUDGMENT ZONE so let's be real for a second. We can't always afford to run to the salon and the bi-weekly pedicure we all love and adore. Spending almost 8 hours on your feet approximately 5-6 days out of the week can take a toll on you. So, get rid of those hard feet with this at home beauty hack. Before bed, apply a layer of Vaseline to your feet and put on a pair of socks. When you wake in the morning your feet will be feeling soft and brand new! 


5. No Smudge, No Budge Lipstick
Another one of my favorite beauty hacks. Who hates smudgy lipstick? You know that awkward moment where you accidentally wipe your lip and it looks like you've just had a quickie in the bathroom at work? Yup, well I've found a way to get rid of that problem. First, line your lips. Second, apply concealer. Third, get a Kleenex and lightly dab translucent powder over your lips. Fourth, apply your lipstick. And there you have it, no more lipstick smudges. Try this with one of my current favorite lipstick lines, Colourpop! These lipsticks are amazingly cheap, but they do tend to smear a lot. Give this hack a try and tell me what you think.  


6. Flawless Wings
Do you want flawless wings? I mean Delta Airline wings? I'm talking about wings so sharp they'll cut you! If you've answered yes to all of these questions then keep reading! I really wish I would've known about this hack years ago because it literally took me forever to perfect it. Long story short, place a clear piece of tape right underneath your eye and just wing it. haha see what I did there? But, the picture is pretty much self explanatory so I'm just gonna drop it below. 
Photo credit: Loren & Lala 


7. Smile Bright with Whiter Teeth 
This is one of those hacks that have been around for ages. My father was actually the first person to introduce me to a whiter, brighter smile. The ingredients are quite simple: baking soda and peroxide. I fill a small Zip Lock baggie with baking soda, dip my toothbrush into it and then pour peroxide on it. Some people like to mix the two in a small bowl to make a paste. How you do it is completely up to you. You also have the option of finishing up with toothpaste or just brushing with the mixture alone. 


8. Get Rid of Those Blackheads
This is a problem that everyone has! Nothing makes me more upset than seeing those annoying little black heads pop up on my nose. This at home D-I-Y beauty hack will instantly remove them. Wash your face to open up your pores. Place a thin layer of Vaseline over your nose and cover with saran wrap. Place a warm towel over the saran wrap and hold for about 10 minutes. Wipe off with a clean towel and all of your blackheads should be gone. 


Let me know how these tips and tricks work for you! 
xo Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment