Friday, January 29, 2016

Why Natural Products Work

Why Natural Products Work



Last night I posted a D-I-Y Green Tea mask. All of the products I used were natural household items. All of these items can be found in your kitchen and they are healthy for your skin. 

Just in case you missed it, here's a link to last nights' blog post. And just in case you don't want to flip back and forth between windows here's a list of products that I used: 
Virgin Olive Oil 
Honey
Raw or Brown Sugar
Lemon
Green Tea 
Water (optional) 

Let's start with Olive Oil, because in addition to the Green Tea I think this is the most important ingredient in this mask. There are 4 main benefits of olive oil on the skin. 

1. It Protects Against Antioxidants
This product contains 3 main antioxidants, all of which fight against premature again. They are: vitamin E, polyphenols, and phytosterols. 
2. It Doesn't Clog Your Pores
I think this one is pretty self explanatory. Sometimes when applying a product it can get clogged in your skin, but not this one! Olive oil cleans the dirt from your face without clogging your pores and leaves your skin feeling baby soft. 
3. It Exfoliates the Skin
Now while olive oil alone won't exfoliate your skin, when mixed with sugar or salt it does a great job of lifting the dirt and removing dead skin cells. 
4. It Makes Your Skin Healthier in General 
Olive oil has great affects in general. It promotes healthier, softer, and brighter skin. I for one have dark spots around my eyes and within once cleanse I could see a major difference. This product works! 

Now the other product I really want to focus on is Green Tea. By now we all pretty much have an idea of what Green Tea can do. It's full of antioxidants and polyphenols that protect against all types of diseases and cancers. It can correct some cardiovascular damage, prevent certain cancers and fight off infections. 

Green Tea has also been proven to fight gum disease, heart disease, skin aging and even can promote weight loss. But, I think the most important benefit is definitely skin aging. At age 21 I'm not really worried about my skin aging and black don't crack, but who knows what the future holds? So I'm doing everything I can to take care of my skin, and in the words of @Shay_Nkia "keep that melanin popping!" 

In addition to my facial mask, Rachel, a blogger from xoVain.com has posted some pretty great beauty tips involving Green Tea to keep your skin looking young and healthy! Check them out here. 

Remember to take care of your skin daily! 

Until next time..
xoKenya

No comments:

Post a Comment