Wednesday, January 27, 2016

D-I-Y FACIAL MASK : THE SHAY TV METHOD

D-I-Y FACIAL CLEANSER: Green Tea Mask
The ShayTV Method


Okay ladies, let's keep it real for a second. Beauty COSTS! Beauty products are sky-high and sometimes it's a complete hassle trying to find one that works. You read a ton of reviews on a product, and finally build up the courage to purchase it only to find out it DOES NOT work for your skin. That's about $10 to $15 down the drain. 

I know it took me awhile to find something that I could use daily that actually worked for me. My mother is a Mary Kay consultant, so Mary Kay has been my go-to daily facial cleanser since I was a freshman in high school. 

Now, while I was using Mary Kay on a daily basis, I wanted a product that would exfoliate my skin and give it a deep, deep clean. So I came across a few all-natural face masks. I've honestly tried to oatmeal and cucumber masks and I absolutely love them, but I wanted to try something new. 

So, I was searching through my Snapchat feed and I saw a video of my friend @Shay_Nkia (go follow her) making an at-home face mask. She ranted and raved about this mask so highly that I just knew I had to try it.  It's called a Green Tea facial mask, but I've dubbed it the ShayTV method. 

Here's what you'll need to get started: 



2 Tablespoons Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 Tablespoons of Raw Sugar/ Brown Sugar
Half a lemon
2 bags of Green Tea
(Water is Optional)

First I added the Olive Oil, then honey, and brown sugar. Shay's method called for raw granulated sugar, but I've found that brown sugar works best for me as I've used it in my previous masks.

ONCE YOU MIX ALL OF YOUR INGREDIENTS BE SURE TO "DROP IT TWICE" (in Shay's voice) *remember this recipe calls for TWO of everything. 

Once you've mixed the oil, honey, and sugar, add in the half of lemon (I just squeeze it twice) and then add the two bags of Green Tea. I would suggest putting the mixture in either a small mason jar or a small Tupperware container so you can store it in the fridge for use at a later date. 

SIDE NOTE: It smells awful, but that's how you know it's going to work miracles. lol



Apply the mixture to your face using a make up brush or you can take it to the hood like me and use a paintbrush. (shrugs)

Anywho, allow your face to bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. I'm actually baking my face as I'm typing this tutorial. 

I made my roommate join in on the fun! 




After you've finished baking (as I like to call it) rinse off with warm water and apply your regular moisturizer!

Your skin should be feeling brand new, soft, regenerated and fresh! 

Let me know how your experience with this mask goes. 

Until next time...
xoxo Kenya  


No comments:

Post a Comment