Thursday, January 14, 2016

If You Knew Your Death Date...

If You Knew Your Death Date...
What Would You Do?



No, seriously if you knew the day you were going to die what would you do differently? I for one would spend time with those that matter the most, and fearlessly chase my dreams. 
Death is inevitable, yes? That means we are all going to die some day. That day might not be today, or tomorrow, but some day we are going to leave this Earth. Knowing that should inspire us to live each day like it's our last. 

I shouldn't have to pose the aforementioned question for you to desire to change your life, or live it to the fullest. You should already live each day as it's your last, because tomorrow isn't promised. Would you be content with living a life full of regrets? No, I didn't think so. Who would?  

The world is your playground, and it’s just waiting on you to explore it. Don’t sit back and let life pass you by. Make the most of the moments you experience on a daily basis. There is an expiration date on everyone’s life.

I remember when I was first asked this question; it caused me to look at life differently. I always found myself making excuses as to why I couldn’t do something today. My favorite line was always, “oh I’ll do it tomorrow.” But, sometimes we don’t have until tomorrow to do something. Why put off til tomorrow what you can do today? I’ve learned the hard way that it’s better to get as much done as you can in a day, and not waste time. Your time is valuable, and precious, and should be treated as such.  

Take advantage of the opportunities around you. Take advantage of the people around you. Go out and have drinks with friends. Learn a new language. Play a sport, even if it is just for exercise or fun. Spend time with those who matter most. Every day is a gift from God and a chance to start over. Make it count.

No matter what life throws at you, no matter how bad things may seem, no matter how bad you want to give up, remember this is not the end. Strive hard for success, and follow your dreams. You don’t want to end up with a pocket full of ‘what if’s’?


So I pose the question once again; if you knew your death date what would you do differently?

xoxoKenya

No comments:

Post a Comment